maria's thoughtss
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Banned.
Why are books or music banned in the USA? Is this beneficial or detrimental to our society? Go this link. Is there a pattern to why books are banned?

We've all heard about books, music, and other things banned from the people of the USA.
At first one may feel outraged that we would be banned from enjoying these forbidden things.

However, once one thinks about it again, one can understand that it really does make sense to ban certain things.
For instance, it is completely great that certain sexually explicit video games, music, television shows, movies, books can be blocked from children. We should not have children explore aspects of society that they are not ready for. We don't want a generation of corrupt people running around do we?
Thus I think it is certainly a great thing that things of sexual, and violent nature are blocked from children.
Thats definetly not something we should be worried about, as our rights being taken away. It is keeping children safe from things that they are not ready for. Books regarding race should not be blocked though. I completely understand that certain books might offend people and remind them of the horrible way things might have been for them at one point, however, I feel its important to still have such books available. We, as a society, need to be able to read about the way the world had been, and how far we've come. We need to understand that things were not always good like now (not speaking about the economy of course).
Slid down the rainbow at 10:03 AM
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
♥ Desires

Live up to my potential
Be who I want to be.
Make a true difference in the world
Touch someone's life
Discover what I want to do
for the rest of my life Bungee jump off a bridge in europe.
A year vacation to Europe


Where To?