maria's thoughtss
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Thoreau: Film Critic

Imagine you are Henry David Thoreau. Write a brief review of Dead Poets Society from his perspective. What would he like about the film? What would he object to? Keep in mind the ideas of the Transcendentalists.


Read this comparison of The Night Thoreau Spent in Jail and Dead Poets Society.

You ask for my thoughts about the "Dead Poets Society," eh?

Well what can I say, it was amazing!

My persona was perceived correctly in the film in the character of Mr.Keating.

John Keating was not portrayed as a naturalist, which I evidently am, however,

not depicting it that way modernized it. Good move to the film creators I must say.

One thing I was not completely happy with was Neal's suicide. I think if John was completely based

upon me, he would have been more cautious with the things he told those youngins'.

However in a way, I find it to be a good move. It shows the dangers of confirmity, or rather,

the dangers of trying to make others see your way. Neal's father pushed Neal until he felt as though

he had absolutely no choice. He was drowning in the world his parents were forcing upon him, and

sadly, the only way out he could think of, was suicide. So I guess it was a good move to put that in

the movie, even it made tears prickle my eyes a bit. ;

All in all. Very good movie.


Slid down the rainbow at 10:04 AM
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
♥ Desires

Live up to my potential
Be who I want to be.
Make a true difference in the world
Touch someone's life
Discover what I want to do
for the rest of my life Bungee jump off a bridge in europe.
A year vacation to Europe


Where To?